Simulación LRCROSS: toma de imagenes por aficionados

Arbacia
Contactar:

Simulación LRCROSS: toma de imagenes por aficionados

Mensajepor Arbacia » 09 Oct 2008, 15:57

Se está preparando la observación del Impacto de la misión LRCROSS.
Las condiciones de fase y libración de hoy y mañana serán similares a las que se esperan durante el impacto real.

Lo que se está pidiendo es la colaboración de los aficionados para evaluar el potencial de nuestras observaciones para el día del imacto real.

Si decidís participar, debereis enviar SOLO los datos que os piden más abajo. Mas tarde os indicarán como enviar las imágenes reales.

Os dejo el mensaje original.

NASA Astronomer Diane Wooden is about to begin an observing session using the IRTF at Mauna Kea in support of next year's LCROSS lunar impactor mission. The phase and libration this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (October 8-10) could be a good match for those of one of our favored impact scenarios next year. This will provide an opportunity for detailed planning and observations of potential target lunar terrain. Diane would like to supplement her observations with images of the lunar south polar region acquired with a range of amateur telescopes over the same evenings. Diane's observations will be in the IR, and amateur white-light observations could provide valuable additional data for these lighting conditions. Faustini crater, one of the potential impact sites will be on the limb on the night of Oct 10 UT (Oct 9 PDT). Comparison of IRTF and amateur observations now will also help determine how amateur observations can best be used during the impact and provide valuable information to participating amateurs in planning their imaging procedures for next year.

Images from telescopes of all sizes are welcome. If you are able to participate and acquire images during these selected evenings, please send the following information to me at Brian.H.Day@nasa.gov:

Name of observer
Email address of observer
Aperture of telescope
Focal length of telescope
Type of camera used
Camera detector dimensions
Exposure information
Time and date of exposure
Location from which exposure was taken

Please do not send your actual image file along with this information! Once I receive the above information from you, I will contact you and work out a way to receive your file in a way that will not overwhelm our mail server here.

A map of the extreme south polar region of the Moon can be found at: http://www.lpod.org/?m=20070512
Note that Faustini is labeled as R3 on these maps (next to the crater Amundsen). The crater Cabaeus is also of interest as a possible impact site. Three additional images identifying south polar features are included in this message.

NASA's LCROSS mission is scheduled to fly in 2009. It is co-manifested with LRO; both missions will launch together aboard an Atlas V out of Cape Canaveral, Fla. LCROSS will use the Centaur upper stage of the launch vehicle as a kinetic impactor directed at 2.5 km/s into one of the permanently-shadowed craters at the Moon's pole. The LCROSS spacecraft will fly directly through the resulting plume of debris, analyzing it for signs of water ice that may have accumulated within the crater. The debris plume will also be studied by space-based assets (such as LRO, and HST), ground-based observatories, and amateur telescopes. Researchers believe that the LCROSS impact plume may well be observable in amateur telescopes, and that amateurs may be able to take on a valuable role in this exciting mission.

Please share this information with your colleagues. I am looking forward to working with you as members of the amateur community become key participants in the LCROSS mission.

---------

Any opinions expressed in this message are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of NASA, its contracting agencies, or any other life form in the Universe.

Please note my new email address

Brian H. Day
AETT Technical Lead
LCROSS E/PO Lead
Planners Collaborative
Mailstop 226-4
NASA Ames Research Center
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
(650) 604-2605
Brian.H.Day@nasa.gov
LightBridge 12" y 16"; Celestron C8 (1978) y CGE C11
http://www.astrosurf.com/patricio/
Observatorio Tres Juncos

pablox
Contactar:

Mensajepor pablox » 09 Oct 2008, 16:23

Sigo pensando, que aunque en condiciones normales ha sufrido miles de impactos. Que pegar un petardazo para luego analizar los escombros es barbárico.
Perdona Arbacia pero no me bajo del burro .

LARGA Y VIDA Y PROSPERIDAD
Larga vida y prosperidad

Arbacia
Contactar:

Mensajepor Arbacia » 09 Oct 2008, 16:46

En realidad lo que se pretende analizar es la nube
LightBridge 12" y 16"; Celestron C8 (1978) y CGE C11
http://www.astrosurf.com/patricio/
Observatorio Tres Juncos

pablox
Contactar:

Mensajepor pablox » 09 Oct 2008, 18:39

ya, claro pero imaginate que los extraterrestres disparasen sobre la ciudad encantada para ver que es terreno Karstico con nieve, si lo hacen en invierno :lol: :lol:
Larga vida y prosperidad

jorgegetafe

Mensajepor jorgegetafe » 13 Oct 2008, 15:02

Llevo una temporadita fuera de este mundillo por cuestiones personales... y esto me pilla out!!! busco en el google y no sale nada en español sobre la misión, alguien me puede dar un enlace para saber de que va? gracias!
Teles: SW 102/1300 MC y Celestron FS 76/300
Oculares: BH 8 y 17mm, BC 32mm, SW 10mm y 25mm, Celestron 4mm y 20mm
Buscadores : SW 8x50, Celestron 5x40, red dot y solar.
Monturas: SW EQ3-2 y Celestron mini dobson
Cámaras: Pentax k-30, Pentax kx

Volver a “Astronaútica y Misiones Espaciales”